
Podcasting In Plain English
Assignment:
1. Create your own podcast by using Audacity to record your voice. Upload it to your school website or another Podcasting site like Podomatic.
2. Subscribe to 2 of your classmates Podcasts.
In the comments tell us why you like/dislike podcasts and also list the url of your podcast and whose podcsts you subscribed to.
9 comments:
I have subscribed to several funa and informative podcasts, which I download to my IPOD. I am excited to look through the educational podcasts. It is cool to have a podcast on my website, although I do not like listening to my own voice! I would love to record my kids reading stories or poetry, or singing songs (Christmas program?) and put them into podcasts on my website. Parents who could access it would think it was awesome.
I think podcasts are really cool. I made a welcome pod cast for my home page and added podcasts to our moodle site. I also subscribed to podcasts by Robin Kubasiak and Kristen Dinsmore. My URL for my welcome podcast is
http://www.sturgisps.org/1455206510127693/podcasts/browse.asp?A=399&BMDRN=2000&BCOB=0&C=58341
This was interesting but challenging for me to keep up and understand the process. I will need to explore Podcasting more in order to utilize all the things it has to offer.
I think podcasting is a great way to get out information or entertainment. In order for podcasting to be beneficial for a math class, I'd have to learn how to create a video podcast so I could show the steps to a particular problem as I explained how to solve it. Whether audio or video, podcasting is another great way for teachers reach their students.
I subscribed to Robin's and Patty's podcasts.
Robin
http://www.sturgisps.org/14542082212343423/podcasts/browse.asp?A=399&BMDRN=2000&BCOB=0&C=58343
Patty
http://www.sturgisps.org/14542053013628273/podcasts/browse.asp?A=399&BMDRN=2000&BCOB=0&C=58345
Okay, this was interesting, I recorded 15 times because I was so embarrassed! I did laugh quite a bit so that helped my stress level! The final recording is on my web page; I am bummed that I didn't add music in the background, so I will probably do it again.
I could use this in my classroom if I try a new lesson on contraceptive advertisements-the students can create their own advertisement and add music! I think they will love it!
I will try the podcast to download audio books b/c I have a 35 minute ride to school each way-I'm excited to have books and music available!
Here are the podcasts of 2 of my classmates: Audrey Green:
http://www.sturgisps.org/14542053013612100/Podcasts/Browse.asp?A=399&C=58342 Robin Kubasiak:
http://www.sturgisps.org/14542082212343423/podcasts/browse.asp?A=399&BMDRN=2000&BCOB=0&C=58343
my Podcast url is:
http://www.sturgisps.org/14542053013628273/podcasts/browse.asp?A=399&BMDRN=2000&BCOB=0&C=58345
November 13, 2008 6:54 PM
Post a Comment