Digital StorytellingThere are numerous ways to implement Digital Storytelling into your classroom. A lot of it depends on your resources and level of comfort with the resources. We will explore PhotoStory and VoiceThread for digital storytelling. One is a free download if you are running at least Windows XP and the other is completely web-based. Gather some ideas that will excite your students and begin to create your own Digital Story!
Assignment: 1.) Create a digital story that includes at least 5 pictures. Share your story with the class. 2.) Brainstorm the steps you will need to take to implement this into your classroom. 3.) Explain your brainstorming in your blog.
7 comments:
How cool!!!!! I can't wait to use this in my science classes. I have seen these on you tube and wondered how students made them. Now I know. This will be great to use for Newton's Laws of Motion , states of matter and phase changes. I had students make children's books this trimester. It will be easy to change the project to digital storytelling.
I had fun putting together a photo story of my Life Sports and Fitness canoe trip. I would love to be able to put together a show and have it ready for open house or conferences, maybe even for the counselors to show prospective students.
I could use the photo story in my Relationships class by having the students create contraceptive advertisements or relationship abuse videos.
I have already taken the steps to implement digital story telling into my classroom. I teach technology classes where I have had students create photo story projects about a variety of topics. I think my next step will be to implement embedding your photo story into a blog or web page. The students will love this.
Okay, fo al the things we have done and worked on, I liked this one the best. Boy, can I ever create some exciting videos of the students doing their presentations on various projects we do in class. I am also going to use this site in making and sharing video's of my granddaughters and sharing them with other family members and friends. This was the best.
This is very cool! I need to experiment with the music part of it but I had fun making a story with my grandchildren's pictures. I can see where students will have a lot of fun putting a story together individually or with a group.
I know I will be using it in my classroom. This has been one of my favorite "Things".
This is my favorite resource so far! I made photostories for each of the days my family spent at Disney World last year, complete with transitions, captions and music! I would love to lock myself in a room for a week and try to organize as many photos into photostories as possible! In my classroom, I could make photostories of different themes or field trips. They could stream on our student computers during open house or parent teacher conferences. Cool!
I could see how my students--as a project--could create some math books for younger students. Particularly for geometry, students could illustrate to different shapes are surrounding us in nature and man-made sturctures. Or, to have a bit more fun, I could take some photos of my students working in class and post a show on my website.
Post a Comment