Desktops and laptops and iPods...Oh my!Evolution of Technology in Teaching
Data Projector Anatomy, Care and Feeding
Video Demo of the Epson 83+
Ideas for Projector Use
100 Ideas for Data Projectors and Document Cameras
What is a Document Camera?
How can I use a Web camera if I can't afford a Document Camera?
Extending your desktop with a data projector
Sending a text message to a cell phone from your email
Assignment:
1. Create a Google account here
2. Add a comment to this post describing WHERE you are going to set up your data projector. Will it be on your desk, in the middle of your classroom? Do you have access to a document camera? Then describe HOW you plan on using it so we can share our ideas.
Bonus points:
What non-traditional computer would you like to implement in your classroom and how would you plan to use it?
73 comments:
I will use my projector from a cart but I would like it mounted on the ceiling so that we're not tripping over the connection cords.
I don't have easy access to a document camera but the art department would use it often for demonstrations and to look at actual art works.
I would like to use podcasts that are available on museums web sites that we will then be visitng on field trips.
I will place my data projector in the middle of my classroom. I will use it for CPS, United Streaming, videos and power point. I'm looking foward to finding new ways to use it. I don't have a document camera, but would like to get one in the near future.
I am planning on putting my data projector in the middle of my classroom. I can use the library's document camera, but I want one of my own. I will use my data projector to display my writing and my students' writing instead of using my small television screen.
My data projector will be on a student table in the front of the classroom. I am going to try to hook up the projector to one of the existing document cameras in the science department in the High School. I also plan to submit a mini grant for a document camera and video camera.
I plan to use the projector for warm up activities, basic notes, directions and student lab work and lab data.
The non-traditional computer item that I am most interested in is web camera for students to record laboratory experiments, or access lab work that is a safety problem to do in the high school classroom. Our lab data collection program has the ability to show the data on a graph and show a video of that data collection simultaneously.
I will set up my data projector next to my overhead on a cart. It will be in the center of the front of the room. Eventually, it'd be nice to have it on the ceiling.
I do not have personal access to a document camera at this time. I can check one out from the library as needed.
I plan to show more word documents so we can do editing for writing. I like the idea of having students create power points. Now that we have 7 computers in our classrooms and a data projector, this will be much easier!
For a non-traditional computer, I'd like a video camera so students could make movies. I would use this for students to create skits based on books read, or to present a science experiment for the class to see.
I am planning to set my projector up on a cart in the center of my room. I don't know whether or not the business department has a document campera, but I am going to find out. I know Language Arts has one that I could borrow if it is available. I plan to use my projector to show short video clips and power points for my Business Exploration class. For my Business Math class, I plan to use it basically in the same manner.
As far as the non-traditional computer goes, I would like to have the kids use i-Pods and access Podcasts. There are so many options, I think I have to start with one thing at a time!!! :O
I have a table in front of my room that I plan to use for my data projector.Yes I have access to a document camera. I would consider using the camera and data projector for some of the following: descritive writing, compare and contrast writing with different obejects, introducing students, instructions and and how to use different items, science and pictures students bring in to share. I would use the camera to share pictures of the U.P. that I have taken while on vacation to help my students have a visual of the things in Michigan that they are reading about in their Social Studies book that they might not see otherwise.
Before my data projector gets installed permanently, I will be setting it up on a cart. After I do a little more investigating, I'd like to use the projector with the "clickers" the math department has. We can do warm-ups, review for a test/quiz, I evaluate the level of understanding students have on different concepts, etc. The projector will also allow me to share different math activities I find on the internet.
At the moment, I do not have a document camera. But once I do get one, I can have students share their work, show "good" math technique against "bad" math technique, perhaps use the doc camera instead of a overhead projector or white board for class discussions--just for something different.
I also plan on getting my school website up to speed and I can take the things from the clickers or record the doc camera "stuff" and post it on my website.
Luckily, I am part of the HS English department and we have our projectors mounted in our ceilings. I am very excited to use this technology with some of my struggling students. Also, I teach freshman so I will teach them study skills with this as long as content. I would love to use the video camera for drama class. I think its very rewarding for kids to "see themselves in lights".
As a high school English teacher, I have been told my projector will be mounted for me, so I won't have to worry about placing it in my room!
Would like to use projector (and would LOVE to get one of the "elmo" doc cameras) to display student works, writing prompts, lecture notes/highlights, etc.
Webcam would be used in a similar fashion, with an emphasis on using it for writing prompts or pictures related to works we are reading in class.
My projector will be in the middle of my classroom on a cart when in use but would like it mounted if possible. I do not have a document camera but believe we have them available to use. I will use the projector to provide powerpoint presentations as well as use the internet in my teaching, dvd's, etc.
I would like to implement smart board as well.
i will totally be setting up my projector in the middle of my room because i have a large space where the students do skits and dialogues. it is basically as if my room is perfectly set up for one of these babies.
i plan to use a webcam in my room because it will allow me to not pay attention to student presentations. this way i can view there presentations at any time after a long day of surfing the web.
I will set up my projector in the middle of the room. I am going to buy a web cam until I can figure out a way to get a document camera.
I will use the cam to get up close and personal with my contraceptive demonstrations-increasing the effectiveness of the demonstration and cut down on unwanted pregnancy...:)
I will set up my data projector at the table at the front of my classroom, where I presently keep my overhead projector. It allows easy access to me, as well as when I have students use it. I will use the projector for many things, including demonstrations, group presentations, united streaming, and powerpoints. I do not have present access to a document camera, but it is on my wish list!
I will be putting my data projector in the front or middle of my classroom on a table. I will be looking for a grant so that I can get a document camera. I plan on doing power points, video streaming and showing my students documents.
My data projector will be in the front of my science classroom. I will use the projector to run powerpoints, DVDs, science simulations. I would like to hook up a document cammera for various reasons as well as a web cam. Next year I hope to have environment science course where i can have students lobby for certain environmental concerns where we can recorded their statements and show them to Government class where students there will write bills. Once the bill is written and recorded, then it can be posted for students to vote in the school for which bill they would pass!!! (With the assistance of THE Jimmy Lamb!!)
I'll be using the projector at the front of my room most of the time, but also in the studio classroom and sometimes in the media center. I want to get at least a web cam and have students create videos of a variety of types: virtual tours, dvertisements for a cause they believe in, virtual news broadcasts about historic events,etc. Also I want a digital camera. We can do scavenger hunts, create 'silent films', make documentaries, etc. I also need one more log cord to hook up the projector without having to run the cable on the floor. Then I want to have kids make a wikki in groups.
My data projector will be set up in the front of the room, next to our document camera. I will use it switch between the computer and the document camera. I plan on using it to do work as a whole, instead of each student having their own computer... since we only have 7 student computers.
I will be setting up my projector on the North wall of my room. I will not need to use the entire 25 feet of VGA cord because my desk is only 10 feet away from the North wall. I have a "tickle me Elmo Document Camera" and I am excited to use this along with my new projector. I plan on using to document camera to record student debate presentations and then show the class highlights of their debates using the projector. I will continue to show powerpoint presentations, youtube clips and video segments using the projector.
At this point I have no idea how I am going to use my data projector. I would like to use it to enhance reading and writing instruction. I need practical ideas for use with 5th graders.
I have changed my name to protect the innocent-me...
The projector will go in the middle of the room. I am looking forward to using powerpoints and link to you tube and other websites. I would like to have a document camera so I won't have blue hands.
My projector will be set up on my overhead cart in the center of my classroom. I plan to use this cart so I can add a DVD/VCR and speakers to expand the usefulness of my projector.
I will use the projector to do daily notes and powerpoint presentations that came along with my text. I will also show videos, student produced powerpoints and pictures of people and places from world history to make the notes more meaningful.
I would like to use technology every day in my classroom and I would like to learn effective ways in which to integrate a document camera or webcam into my teaching.
I will have my projector on a cart beside my desk that I can move into the middle of the room easily. I have used a video camera and a digital camera as a document camera in the past, I would love to have a REAL document camera on the cart to share latest images from B&W magazine that subscribe to as discussion material for my photography class. I also use video cameras everyday to tape the video announcements and play them over the channel one system.
Since I haven't seen the set up of my new classroom I am planning on being flexible on how I'm going to set up the projector. I plan on using the projector to show united streaming videos, incorporating the Smart Board into the classroom with powerpoints and webquests. I do have a document camera and hopefully will be able to utilize that for math assignments etc.
This is great! I will be using this with my 4th grade students to teach writing skills and problem solving in math.
I have a projector mounted in my room. I do not currently have a doc camera, but I could see using it as a more versitile "overhead projector" among other things. I love the idea of "instant editing" of a piece of writing for the students rather than having to wait a day to make an overhead (or overheads).
I plan on putting the data projector on my overhead cart in the middle of the room. I look forward to when they will be mounted in the ceiling. I would like to use it to display short video clips of math topics to students.
I hope to place my data projector on a table in the front of my classroom. I will use it for PowerPoints as well as educational videos, such as BrainPop. I will also use my data project as an editing tool to show students how to edit a paper as well as how I will be grading the papers.
I would like to have a FLIP camera and possibly a mini computer. I would like to explore more about podcasting and wikis. Could I create a virtual classroom and hold students in 2nd life?
The number of technology tools available to help enhance student learning experiences is truly amazing. I can't wait to implement these new technologies into my lesson plans and engage students on a new level. Using second life to teach classes is a concept that is very amazing as well.
Wow...cool things here. I have a data projector mounted to my ceiling, so I won't have to worry about taking up space, etc. I foresee a lot of neat writing activities with the document camera. I think that the document camera would allow us to work on writing prompts, writing details, and revision modeling.
I will probably set my projector up at the front of my room. I do not have a document camera, however the school has one and I am seriously considering buying one myself as I really loved using one last year in Pam Keeslar's room. I would like to do PowerPoint presentations, use United Streaming, show materials to students items, etc. I want to try to incorporate technology as much as possible into my classroom as I know that it is what students live. I need to get more comfortable and use technology more. Who knows, maybe my students can teach me too!
I liked the Monday blog format for teacher, administration,student, parent and community collaboration. I feel it may not be accessible for all students and parents, thus, putting these families at a disadvantage. As a special education teacher, I feel it would be a great tool for communication with gen. ed. staff.
I am one of the lucky ones. My projector was mounted in my ceiling this spring because we adopted a new textbook and that was part of the deal from the publisher. Our new books rely heavily on technology in various forms such as web support, virtual classroom, media, etc..
I loved the document camera concept, but I am thinking that I might purchase a web cam and a $5 desklamp from Wal-Mart with a flexible neck and attach the web cam to it.
My projector will be on a table in the front of my room with my overhead and (wishful thinking)document camera.
I would also like to utilize an ipod in my classroom as well.
I am going to use my projector to show my students various things on the internet. I will need a longer cord to help make this successful. I hope to show different examples of what I want in the classroom.
I'm hoping that Janene finds lots of money and installs my projector on the ceiling before school starts. But chances are good that I'll instead have the projector on either a table or on my overhead cart in the center of the room.
I plan to use a document camera or the webcam that I won from the magazine sale with my projector to show student work as we're discussing mathematics problems.
The data projector will be used to project workout vidoes up on the wall, as well as I am hoping to bring in DDR and WII fit to use in class. I have my health classes use the projector to put their anti drug web pages on the big screen.
My hope is to teach CPR and the AED to the officials classes and the C sections of freshman p.e. and use the projector to show the videos necessary for the class.
I am planning on setting up my data projector in the middle of my room next to my overhead projector. I am excited that I won't have to worry about tripping over the cords that will be sprawled across my floor. Hopefully one day I can have it mounted to my ceiling.
I am starting simple since technology is confusing for me...I will use the data projector for warm-ups and notes, etc. This will me so much fun :)
The projector is going in the middle of my room and I am super excited about the cord cover thing!! Because right now I trip and my students trip over the cords, it is the little things that make me happy :)
Some how I'm going to get a document camera too, or I'll get my web cam back and use it.
I also dream of a day that the projector will be mounted to my ceiling.
I am going to use my web cam to use as my document camera along with my data projector. Why I did not think of it before I don't know. I am excited to set everything up and begin to use it! It will make displaying student work and using some of the teaching programs available to us (Cps, United Streaming etc.)much easier to get to and implement.
I believe I will need to set up everything in the front of my classroom on my podium cart.
I have been using the Eastwood projector already and LOVE IT! This one looks really slick compared to our old one from them media center. I set it on a wheeled cart (thank you Janie Norton) with the overhead projector. Unfortunately, they need to be different distances from the screen....hence the wheeled cart. That won't be a problem now!
I wish I could write a mini grant for a document camera but I need to write one for books for March is reading month.... That camera is my next wish!
As a special educator involved in the inclusion program at the Middle School, I plan on using the Data Projector in the general education classroom. My students will be able to see assignments enlarged that will make it easier to read. Also, anything that has been recorded in another classroom, I can bring back to my room and use in a study skills setting to have them go over instructions on an assignment.
My data projector is in the front of my room attached to my computer at my desk. I use it for CPS, united streaming videos and current news topics for my social studies class. I would like to get a document camera but until funding is available I think I will try using a web camara.
The data projector will be great to show things when cooking and sewing. Instead of showing things individually I can show the class as a whole.
My data projector will be placed on a table in my classroom, the exact location to be determined once I have it in my room. I am hoping to keep my teacher computer at my teacher desk and use one of my tablet computers with the data projector. I will work hard to use the data projector along with my document camera to ease myself away from using an overhead projector in my math classes.
I will be setting up my projector in the front of my room. I would like to teach using more power point presentations and allow my students to use the equipment. I REALLY want to get a document camera also.
Hi,
Hope you had a great summer!
I think I have to put my projector in the middle of the room right now just because of the way the room is set up, but eventually I would like it to be mounted.
I will use it to show videos, powerpoints, student work, etc. I would also like to use a document camera with it. It would be great to let students make their own videos that I can show quickly.
my data projector will hopefully mounted in the ceiling. This wonderful tool will, in my opinion, make the overhead prodector no longer. I also plan on using the flip to tape student project videos and show them to the class. go spartans
I am going to place my data projector in the middle of the classroom. I plan to use it for CPS, PowerPoint presentations, United Streaming videos, and various other applications. I hope to find more uses for the projector.
Cool! I want to set this up in my Art Room. The placement will need to vary I believe? I want to use it for demonstrating methods as well as showing examples of art works. The students will love seeing their art work on the "silver screen"! I plan to get the document camera also.
For science class, I am planning on showing unitedstreaming video clips to the class with my data projector.
My document camera will be used to promote student led demonstrations. Also to view united streaming videos.
My data projector will be mounted to my ceiling. I want students to show their projects they will create using webcams and the Flip camera (when I get them).
A document camera might be useful to demonstrate activities, like making a cable connection.
I plan to put my data projector on a cart connected to a document camera in order to replace my overhead projector. I hope to use it to take virtual field trips and visit web sites related to history and geography.
I am amazed at how Sturgis is ahead of a lot of the county schools regarding their technology in the classroom.
I will put the data projector in the middle of my classroom toward the front. I would really like a document camera and MP3 player. I have some money left in my budget so will try buy a web cam to use for now. I'd like the MP3 player to download audio books and texts from the RESCUE site for my students to listen to.
I plan on placing my data projector on my overhead projector cart. I believe we have a document camera in the library for check out, but I would like one in my classroom.
I would use the data projector to share student writing for editing purposes. I think there are a lot of possibilities, but I need time with it in my classroom to develop more ideas.
I am very fortunate that my projector is now mounted in my classrom so I will not have to take out a projector, set it up, move the cart and string all the cords while 25 6 year-olds are waiting. I will use my camera for more video this year.
In the past I have used a presenter to help my students; practice counting by 2's, 5's, 10's etc.; and review sight words.
I have used the document camera to teach students how to use a palm pilot.
I want to have my students use the technology that I am learning about today.
The projector is installed in the computer lab area of the library. It will be used to demonstrate how to access and use programs/software/Internet sites.
I will use my data projector to continue to instruct students in the use of MEL, and other sources, as they learn research skills.
I plan on showing student work for problems. I also plan to show daily notes. It will be great in Geometry where I don't have to spend so much time recreating sketches...I can just work the problem...and the kids can just work the problem.
Until the projector is mounted, I will have to place it on a cart in the middle of the room (temporary inconvenience). I hope that our new texts for foreign language will have tools for us to use via the projector.
I will use data pro in the athletic training clinic
I will be using my projector for class demonstrations on computer software programs. The use of the projector will also be for showing video to the class, viewing text and software programs from textbook companies. Powerpoints will be used in the presentation of data.
I have a projector and it is ceiling mounted. I also have a document camera. I use the document camera and ceiling mounted projector every day in my classroom. I use them with our daily grammar practice in language arts as well as for giving step by step instructions. I also have students use these devices to give and to view other classmates power point and other type projects.
I would love to have a set of mini laptop computers for my classroom so that students could have access all the time. Utilizing the features of Google docs and many other web 2.0 tools the things kids could do is amazing, not to mention the paper we could save using Moodles,Wikkis and Blogs to teach with.
I will use this technology to help better the learning environment for my students
I will be using my new data projector for showing the students how to use features on CAD ans Modules.
I will be mounting mine on my ceiling and using it for warm-ups and for showing students different websites that have fun and educational math games and skill building activities. I will also use it in conjunction with my document camera to capture students' shining moments and use them as teachable moments.
Post a Comment